When it comes to choosing the right glasses for your face, there are almost too many options to choose from! But if you want a pair of glasses that will make your nose look smaller, there are certain styles you should opt for and ones you should stay away from. So let’s find out right now what styles of glasses make your nose look smaller.
The best styles of glasses to make your nose look smaller include big, thick, or colored frames. Realistically, in order to make the nose look smaller, you want the eye of others to be drawn to the frame, not to your nose. So make sure you skip small, thin frames.
In this article, we are going to dig into which styles of glasses make your nose look smaller (and why), as well as which styles you should steer clear of if you have a larger nose. So read on! Everything you need to know to choose the perfect glasses to make your nose look smaller is right here.
How to Choose the Right Style Glasses for Your Face
Before we dig into the details of which style of glasses will make your nose look smaller and those which will make it look bigger, you first need to understand how glasses frames are categorized.
When choosing the right style of glasses for your face, there are three aspects you need to pay attention to:
- Lens Shape
- Frame Size
Because there are hundreds, if not thousands, of options for glasses styles, by knowing which selections within these categories will suit your face, you will be able to find the right glasses for you anywhere!
What Glasses Will Make Your Nose Look Smaller?
Now that you know the categories of glasses to be aware of, it’s time to find out which options are best for making a nose look smaller.
- Lens Shape: There are essentially 8 lens shapes available today: Square, rectangular, aviator, round, cat-eye, oval, browline, and oversized. Within these categories, the best options for making a nose look smaller are square, rectangular, and oversized.
- Frame Size: You can also opt for small, medium, or large frames. Larger frames take up more space on the face and are best for making noses look smaller. Also, you should choose a thicker frame as opposed to a thin frame to minimize the look of your nose.
- Color: Finally, color is important if you want to make your nose look smaller. Darker colors such as brown, black, or dark blue are much better options than clear or metal frames.
No one style of glasses will make your nose look smaller; any glasses which draw attention to the frames themselves will do the trick as they will be the focal point on your face. However, smaller glasses may draw attention to your nose, which is why many opt for bigger glasses.
What Glasses Will Make Your Nose Look Bigger?
As important as it is to understand which style of glasses will make your nose look smaller, you should also be aware of which styles will make your nose look bigger so that you can avoid them!
- Lens Shape: Round, aviator, and cat-eye glasses will not minimize the size of your nose, but they will actually make it look a bit bigger!
- Frame Size: Small and thin frames should also be avoided if you want to make your nose look as small as possible.
- Color: You should skip light-colored, clear, or metal frames if you want your glasses to make your nose look smaller.
Essentially, you do not want the glasses to be small or thin as then, your nose will get more attention than your frames will and, therefore, look bigger than it is!
Do Glasses Help Hide Big Noses?
Many people want to know if, even if they carefully select the best possible frames to make a nose look smaller, if wearing glasses will make noses look smaller than if they choose not to wear glasses.
And you will be excited to know that glasses can absolutely help hide a big nose!
In fact, by following the guidelines listed above and choosing the right frames, glasses can make a nose look much smaller than if you don’t wear glasses.
And now you know exactly what style of glasses you should choose to make your nose look as small as possible.
Let’s recap: What style of glasses makes your nose look smaller? Well, any glasses that are square or rectangular, with thick large frames that are dark in color, will make your nose look smaller.
Luckily, these chunky glasses are very trendy at the moment! So even though making your nose look smaller might be your first priority, you can still choose stylish glasses!